NB and OS/2

[Warning cross-post. XY and NB are different species of the same genera. OS/2 hopeless might regain hope from this ]

Many of us post to the list only when we experience problems of
some sort. Not so in this case. I would like to announce
success in solving a problem, in large part because of the
private advice and counsel of Paul Bodin and Daniel Say of this list as well as three
non-list-members who happened to pick up my plea for help from
the netnews mirror of the notabene list. In any case, I now have
a very nice working version of OS/2 Warp with NB working very nicely within it. Paul also
helped me to get the internet connection that came with OS/2 Warp
to work. I no longer have to reboot with DOS/Windows to read my
e-mail. Thank you very much for the help.

Now if only I could figure out what to do about the 385 files names
EA0000, EA0001, EA0002... EA0384, each of 16,384 bytes that one
of the installation attempts (presumably one of those that failed
because I had the wrong driver for my CD-ROM from which I was
doing the installation).

I have moved them out of my root directory to one that is not in
the path and used the system for a week without a problem. Maybe
after another week I will simply delete them. I can use the
extra 6.1 megs of disk space.

I am now pleased with OS/2. It runs on the whole better I think
than does my former DOS/Windows setup (I have 8 megs of RAM and a
Pentium 60hz) and unless some program comes along that I absolutely must
have that works only on Windows95 or will it be 96 (remember how
we used to complain about NB's vaporware?), I simply will ignore
Microsoft. So far all of DOS programs seem to run better and my
Windows programs at least as well as under Microsoft. OS/2 seems
to be a better DOS and Windows than the original. I say this not
to start another operating-system war but only to publically
acknowledge my debt to our always helpful colleagues on this list
and to provide followup to a complaint I made two weeks ago:
problem solved.

Best regards,
Bill
William H. TeBrake