Re: Dos 6.22

>Just installed DOS 6.22 in Virtual Box OK but now cannot access my
Win 3.1 iso. It is suggested that e: should be the CD drive and that
I should be able to invoke setup from there, but "e" doesn't exist.
Do I have to have some kind of driver in config.sys to access the CD?

Yes, you must install a CD driver. See http://mylinuxramblings.wordpress.com/2010/12/05/linux-mint-debian-edition-lmde-first-impressions/ for instructions.

Drivers are here: http://www.kirsle.net/blog/kirsle/ms-dos-and-windows-3-1

Another path for VirtualBox would be to install a ready-to-run Freedos machine (which has network
support as an added plus, but I could not get Win 3.11 to run, it installs but fails to load, a big
minus, some FD users report that it can be can done by using MS HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.EXE):

1) http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualboximage/?source=dlp (overview)

2) http://virtualboxes.org/images/freedos/ (download Freedos image)

3) http://hacktolive.org/wiki/Using_VirtualBox_images_%28.vdi_files%29 (how to install)

Best regards,