Re: Keyboard lead

** Reply to message from Paul Breeze  on Mon, 31
Jan 2005 16:24:20 GMT

> The lead on these keyboards can be unplugged and replaced
> but IBM today seems to have no knowledge of this type of
> lead and my enquires about replacements have lead me nowhere.
> Other inquiries and searches on the net have revealed nothing.

The old AT-style connector was a "5-pin DIN"
The newer style is "6-pin Mini-DIN", also called "PS/2"
Replacement cables and adapters are VERY widely available,
from a zillion cable suppliers. Since AT and PS/2 are
completely compatible, you just need a gender changer/replacement
cable. Under £3 for everything.

http://www.revealcable.co.uk/acatalog/Keyboad_and_Mouse.html
http://www.revealcable.co.uk/acatalog/Keyboard_Adapter.html

Robert Holmgren