Re: Long strings in CI ///

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Wed, 01 Dec
2010 14:01:49 -0500

> Okay, it was dumb user error. It takes 5 seconds to run, but it
> works. A limitation is that you have to take as the "find"
> string, something that's fairly short. I took "With malice ".

Hmmm, I thought the idea was to replace one long string with another
-- or, rather, to handle any combination of find and replace strings
that's too long for the CMline. The need to use a short find string
is a crippling limitation, in my view. Also, I can't test your code
as it makes assumptions that do not apply to me -- e.g., the
existence of file T.X -- whazzat?) I tried running it once, but
XyWrite came crashing down. However, if it works for you, Harry....

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx