testing for screen fonts and colors and ot:OED.

Dear Fellow Xywriters

With a lot of expert advice from Robert I finally got xywrite to work in Windows 7 full screen.

My next project is to set up the right screen fonts and colors.

Before getting to the subject of colors, are the screen fonts we see on the screen in xywrite generated by windows or by xyrite.

My main question is how to select screen colors in xywrite.  I remember that in either an earlier version of Nota Bene or Xyrite there was a file you could call up that would display the number of each color as it would apprear in a particular situation.  For example if you wanted to see how various colors looked bolded in a selected block of text you would look at the line in the chart for bolded in select text and see the number of the color you liked best.  Unfortunately I no longer have my manuals so I do not know if there is an equivalent file in xywrte 4.  Would appreciate any help in locating such a file.

On an unrelated topic how much is a cd of the OED and what is the recommended source for such a cd.  If you can put the whole 20+ volumes on a cd for $200 - $300 that sounds like the bargain of the current century.

If it is not a violation of the copyright laws I would love to chip in and help to sponsor an OED on the xylist serve. Can it be implementated. I am very grateful for the help I have received over the years and would love to be able to reciprocate.

Avrom Fischer
mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or af413@xxxxxxxx
786 Eaat 19th Street
Brooklyn, NY  11230
718 434 7696

ps.  If any body has a copy of the xy manuals  would love to borrow them and make photocopies of them and promptly return the original.