Re: Laser printer compatibility

On the same thread (tho not an answer), I recently asked about a
printer file for the Lexmark Optra R, and someone here, can't recall
who, said they used the HP postscript printer file successfully. Well,
I've been trying it, as well as several other postscript drivers I
found on the BBS, with very strange results.
  What I get is a whole lot of error messages when I load the
printer file. Starts with "no macro assigned", then does about 7 more error
messages -- all rather slowly also -- and ends up with the following
on the command line:
PP:1LPT1	D:\XY4\POST-HP4.PRN	hp postscript

which is the line from the dialogue box for changing the printer
driver. Then it says the driver is loaded -- but it doesn't work. I get a
one line garbage printout, sometimes two pages with one line of
garbage each.
  This in either straight dos or OS/2, and of course, with the
latter I've loaded the system Optra R drivers. Other apps don't do this,
just XY4. Plus, if I just load my old Panasonic 4420 laser driver
(non-postscript), I can print okay, although the font is not what it's
supposed to be.