More out of sorts

I noticed this yesterday that somehow my entire message did not go through.
Several examples are missing. The basic idea is that you can customize sort
strategies. Three possbilities are

1. All uppercase then lowercase, one character per line
2. Upper&lower on same line
3. Upper and lower on alternating lines

You'll need to put in numerals and anything else you want to figure in the sort
-- punctuation, graphic characters, accented characters, etc.

If you put in a space character, put it in before the alphabets. You might
also want to put in a period so directory listings will look right.

Sort files will affect the sort order in directory listings and anything else
that sorts in XyWrite.

The setup also interacts with the SK default setting in ways that you might not
like (particularly the delete duplicates setting).

The SO file and SK default work the same in XyIII, I think. Annie? You there?

In Xy4, you can set the first number in SK without changing the second one
(default SK=1 will change 5,80 to 1,80). I don't know how III+ works.

I don't know how to get a listing of the default setting for sort order --
someone want to poke around in EDITOR.EXE?

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody like Annie or Carl or Robert comes up with
a wickedly clever way to use this information. Stay tuned.

T.

tbaehr@xxxxxxxx
baehr@xxxxxxxx