Re: Wildcard behavior different in SE and CI

Carl,
OK, I see what you're getting at. Actually, I was wrong about
wildcard "X" not flagging func JM (although I still think it's
erratic). The following command does change the line in your code
that contains "JM 2.HIDE":

'%--_XYENCode_start--
CI_/";X2.HIDE;W;~[/xxx;~[/
'%--_XYENCode___end--

So you think the X-wildcard matches 3-byters? Son of a gun, I guess it does!
However, if I were you, I'd do something like this instead:

'%--_XYENCode_start--
~'BXse__"'JM2.hide;O"'JM2.unhide'Q2~)~>'YD
'RL~~~~'^
'%--_XYENCode___end--
You're right. That's what I will use. And it allows more flexibility
(sometimes I use quotes around the whole line, sometimes only around the
"2.HIDE:nn-nn"). I can just do:

SE /2.HIDE[O]2.UNHIDE/

and once I'm on that line, the RL function will do just swell.

Thanks!
--Harry
--
Carl Distefano