Re: English & XPL

Morris Krok contributes:

> Now the English language is a vast, glorious, colorful,
> ever changing, tapestry.

Yes! As are (inter alia) French and Japanese.

> English can be a very expressive and graphic language.

Yes, ditto. (Perhaps Nathan can comment on its applicability to Chinese.)

> I read many years thoughts such as these.
>
> "Outwardly you will be silent but within your master will
> speak in a voice of a roaring rapid and resounding waterfall."
>
> "We shall forever chant so that we shall never forget that
> we are sons of the morning, children of the light."

Immortal Wisdom indeed. Having only two eyes -- never having found the
third -- I am sadly incapable of fully appreciating it. Good grief, to
think that other people are possessed by "masters" speaking in the
voices of waterfalls. I'm lost in jealousy.

> And then we must not forget what Julius Caesar said when he
> landed in England.

>   I came. I saw. I conquered.

No, Sir, I pray you, desist!

Peter Evans