Re: Intellectual property & copyright

** Reply to message from George Scithers  on Thu, 29 Aug
2002 16:49:41 -0400

> Perhaps the lit'ry discussion might have a happier home over in
> rec.arts.sf.composition.

Hear hear! I can't quite escape the irony that here these high-minded
contributors are, swapping free ideas, using free software, and availing of
this free maillist to trumpet their property rights. (I'll bet they're all
Americans -- its a peculiarly American attitude.) Most thinkers like to share
their ideas, thank god. The notion that people who want to share lack
"creativity" and are merely "cunning" thieves is as laughable as it is
repellant. Virtually every idea stands on shoulders.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx