Re: using an ascii char in a program

On 8/20/00 Norman Bauman wrote:

>At 05:11 AM 8/15/00 +0000, Carl Distefano wrote:
>>
>>Contrary to a couple of other responses, a simple
>>Alt-Shift 1,0 does NOT work in Xy3!

>Gee, now that you mention it, I was going through a few of my old xpl
>programs and I saw a note in my documentation that it didn't work. :)

Not too long ago one of our wiser guroi (I think it was Carl, though I
can't be sure) reproached me gently for using Scroll Lock in program
writing. I hardly ever do use it, but I've found it the simplest way to
insert a genuine  in a program -- for which purpose I normally turn
it on just for the  keystroke and then turn it off again, e.g.
    {BC}cia /[Scroll Lock on][Scroll Lock off]//{XC}

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel

e-mail: EricVT@xxxxxxxx