Re: 98 again

Norman Bauman wrote:

> I did have one problem with Xy in Win98.
>
> When I'm on-line, usually in Netscape Navigator, and I swap to XyWrite,
> XyWrite sometimes freezes, and when it comes back it seems as if every key
> on my keyboard, in all programs, have been turned into alt keys, e.g. "e"
> will launch Internet Explorer, etc. I have to log off and reboot. It's a
> real annoyance, and it could be a real problem if I ever switched to DSL
> and it kept happening.

My guess is that Netscape is loading or cache cleaning or reloading a
file that automatically updates. I have had the same experience, for
example, when I am working in XyWrite while on Netscape I have a news or
sports page up. Some of those upload automatically at fixed intervals.

The reason why Netscape screws up XyWrite may have something to do with
XyWrite's taking control of your keyboard from DOS, as it was programmed
to do back when XyWrite was born, but maybe not. Pending input from our
Council of Wise Persons, all I can sdo is quote that sage Henny
Youngman:

"I went to the doctor. I told him it hurts when I do this (waves arm up
and down). He told me, `so don't do that.' "

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)