Re: (O.T.) Win 98 CD

At 12:18 PM 12/28/03 -0800, J. R. Fox wrote:

>Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

>> Assuming you can boot to Windows, run regedit and navigate to
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software-->Microsoft-->Windows-->Current
>> Version-->Product Key.

That's funny. When I looked there for my Product Key in Win98, it wasn't
there. It worked like you say, but without an entry for Product Key.

This could be very useful if you had a computer, the startup disks, but not
the product key (which in my case is printed on the cover of the little
Windows manual I got with the computer), and you wanted to install Windows
on a larger hard drive, or delete the old OS and start all over.

(BTW, thanks to all the people who had suggests on my slow Internet
connection. I didn't get a chance to thank you because I'm still figuring
it out.)

Norman

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D