Fake Strip Pinter & special characters

Back in the days when there was a Billerica, I talked with an XY lady who
said they used, instead of strip.prn, the routine I write below. I hope
I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence with this simple stuff. I worry a
lot about making sugestions in this hot house of high powered
intellectuals. Incidentally I also use ALT + CTRL + character code number
(using number key pad) for inserting special characters in XY text *BUT*
the number lock must be off! I use the character set in the XYwin manual.

 Now for what I call a fake strip.prn: after you have written your XyWrite
text

1) prepare a fake printer file whose filespec might be FAKE.PRN for example.
2) as content for the printer file simply type in:
         CW=1,
 and save the file. This file needs to be prepared only once. The file
looks like
    ;PR;
    cw=1
3) load the fake printer file with the usual command
         LDPRN FAKE.PRN
4)now go ahead and "type" your file to disk with the command
      TYPEF ,GENIUS.TXT
I've given the name GENIUS.TXT to the ASCII text that is going to to be on
your target disk; you can of course use any name you wish. Voila!