Re: file searching/vista help

Well, it is said that Edmund Wilson declined to review Purdy's 'The
House of the Solitary Maggot' for the NYT with the quip, 'I don't do
Southern Gothic.' However, I don't think one can call him a Southern
writer -- he's from Ohio, though born not in 1923 as so often stated,
but 1913 he now admits. But many of the books have Southern settings,
or one might say proto-Southern settings. Purdy says he remembers
'Tarbox' being used as a term of aspersion - - and I think you must
be right to draw the association with tarbrush. But I'd like to be
able to find something more than that . . . . and not that the word
needs to be defined for any reader of the book as the book itself
clearly defines it.