Re: NB 8

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Sun, 09 Apr 2006
16:45:21 -0400

> 1. Launch NB 8
> 2. do a DIR
> 3. Abort the window
>    (at this stage you should have no a grey NB background, and no cursor)
> 4. Hit F9
>    (now cursor should appear on CM line)
> 5. try to type on the CM line.
>
> That crashes it for my system.

Quit NB. CAll NB.INI in Xy4. Find a stanza called [General Settings]. Find
spec called "New Window=something"? What's the value of "something"? If zero,
erase the line, SAve file, launch NB.

Assume you're using NB8 GA. Do what I said, Harry. NB *will not allow* you to
get to the grey background with no cursor. As soon as you close the last
window, NB will auto-reopen a new window.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx