Re: Re Keystrokes: Possible BIOS compatibility

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Go to http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Metrics/factors.htm and download
> Convert.exe. It's free. Or use the conversion factors listed on that
> page to roll your own conversion routine in XPL or the language of your
> choice.
>
> > Google is amazingly inventive and far-reaching.
>
> Literally. Check out Google maps and, especially, the satellite photos.
> Awesome.

Is this part of the Google mystique? I never even looked at Google until
I heard about the IPO a couple of years ago. I didn't see what the fuss
was about. Because of a friend whose husband worked for Alta Vista, I
latched onto that engine back in the mid-nineties and have used it as my
default net-searcher ever since. Am I missing a whole world of wonders?
I don't have much use for satellite photos, but I better run some
comparative searches to see the real potatoes.

Carlo

Carlo Caballero
thyrsus@xxxxxxxx

P.S. Recently switched to Firefox. What a HUGE improvement over
Netscape. I notice some of you are using Thunderbird, which might tempt
me soon.