Re: Finding W2K was Re: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine!

Regarding W2K installation:

To be on the safe side and for best results, use a W2K CD or an
equivalent ISO and patch it with the following:

Here are the service packs and IE for W2K (I am quoting a previous post
by myself on this list):

There are four service packs and one "Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000
SP4 (KB891861)". The latter is needed for installing VMware tools
(guest-host integration). All can be downloaded from MS.

Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 Network Install for IT Professionals
(contains all 4 SPs):

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4127

Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4 (needed for using VMware tools):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18997

Latest MS browser for W2K is a must:
Cumulative Update for Internet Explorer 6 SP1 (KB916281)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6624

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)