Re: #3 in Guardian Tech today, bare metal editors over Microsoft Word

Quote:
       XyWrite had muscles, to be sure, but you had to know where to
     look for them. Perhaps the most unfriendly piece of software
     ever written, XyWrite demanded that its users learn thousands of
     commands and execute them perfectly.

Interesting.  I started using XyWrite with version 2+, and don’t recall it being particularly unfriendly. But, of course, I actually read the printed documentation from start to finish. The reveal-codes view made it easy to find and correct formatting problems, something that became increasing difficult with many other programs.