RE: 'adding tilde to kbd file '

Carl -

Thanks for your response on the keyboard file issue. What you said about
having a [255] assigned to one of my keys makes sense. However, it's not
so. I looked in a hex editor. Nope, everything is as it should be: there
are no stray FF's or anything unexpected in either the keypad section or
the regular number row of the Ctrl+Alt table (I have R1-R0 assigned to
Ctrl+Alt+0-9 on the regular number row, too, and it works as expected
from there).

Just for fun, I made a tmp file in which I put both keyboard results:
Ctrl+Alt+255,7,e from both the keypad and the regular number row. Then I
read the entrails in a hex viewer. The result: The keypad [255]7e
produced the following sequence:

	46 46 FF 37 65

While the regular number [255]7e produced this:

	46 46 37 65

So you're right. An extra FF is getting in there. I just can't figure out
why -- it's not in the keyboard file--there isn't an FF associated with
any key combination of Keypad_5, so I'm stumped.

I even tried pasting in the assignments from the regular number row to
the keypad. Nope; same results.

At this point, although it would be interesting to understand this piece,
the exercise is somewhat academic -- I can get what I need by using the
regular number board rather than the keypad.

Thanks again.

Shawn

shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx