Re: We should move en masse to Nota Bene

Paul,
Thanks, I have used NB9 with reasonable success. I did find some crashes occurring, when I was modifying footnotes (but not while in expanded mode). That I can live with. XPL not reliable, I can't live with. So for the nonce, I'm going to run NB9, trying to minimize my reliance on using Xy in the virtual machine.
Harry
NB10 is still a work in progress. Some U2 programs run but there are clearly problems with many of the more sophisticated routines developed by Carl and Robert. Since NB uses XPL itself (it still has NB.DLG after all which is essentially their version of XY4.DLG) it has to work.
NB9 seems reasonably stable but it you push it hard enough you might find
some glitches. I have found one or two routines that do not function
correctly. That in itself might be useful since any issues in NB9 are
likely to be inherited by NB10, so identifying one might solve another.
The bottom line today is: if you want a word processor that is very
similar to XY4, NB10 can pretty well do that and in my view is more
pleasing to use than NB9. If you need a word processor with the extensive
processing potential encompassed by XPL, then we are not there yet.

I've no idea about Dave Erickson.

Paul