Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

It may seem a convoluted solution, but you can open a Word file in WordPerfect, and then save it as an XyWrite file. It has a terrific filter. By the way, how can I get a DOS-text filter foe Word?

2006/11/16, Lisa Kleinholz mailto:lkleinholz@xxxxxxxx:
Avram,

I do this all the time. I downloaded filter from Microsoft for Word
which converts to and from MS-DOS text (not simple text). The
guillemets appear.

In Word (I use Word 97), under Tools, Options, General, there
is a box "confirm conversion on opening", which I checked so that I can
choose to convert from MS-Dos text rather than plain text when opening
a file.

That said, I've recently found it easier to do a search and replace for
things like modes and formating codes in XyWrite (< for ≪, for
example).

If I'm not going to convert back, I subsitute * for ≪MD+/-BO≫, and _
for ≪MD+/-IT≫, so that these modes automatically convert in Word to
bold and italics.

Cheers,
Lisa

Lisa Kleinholz