Re: problems with now, date, etc.

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Wed, 07 Sep 2011
22:51:01 +0100

Bill:

Make sure that XyWrite is the only DOS program running. In Task
Manager, list running Processes, then right-click on ntvdm.exe and
choose Set Priority. It will say Normal, just bump it up one level.
You'll get a warning message; go ahead anyway.

I have no reason to believe that this will solve your problem --
none that I can articulate persuasively, in any case. But on the off
chance that it does work, bear in mind that changing the priority of
a process only works on a per-session basis. When you restart
XyWrite, the priority will be Normal again. There are utilities that
will change the priority permanently; you can Google for them.

If upping the priority doesn't work, we can always experiment with
XPL workarounds. Actually, if I were you, I'd go the XPL route.
Messing with system settings looks like overkill for this problem --
if indeed it works at all.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx