Re: PDF2XY: need help.

** Reply to message from "Fred Weiner"  on Sat, 8 Jul 2006
13:29:31 -0700

> Ironically, I've wanted to use the frame to study XPL without
> having to alt-tab between Acrobat and Xy.

Ironically, XPL.ZIP already contains XPL.TXT, the source file for XPL.PDF. No
need to convert the PDF back to text, because you already have a XyWrite
version at hand ...

Re your problem: Do you have KMD.EXE in the DOS Path? Required. Moreover,
this particular PDF is not going to convert successfully to text because it is
not an entirely textual file, i.e. there are images in it. It will stop
converting at the first instance of an image (a visual representation of a key
cap).

However, it sounds to me like you have a different problem. I would suggest
taking a small XyWrite text file, using Xy2PDF with it, then PDF2Xy to convert
it back to text. What happens?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx