Re: XYWRITe-compatible printers

BrennerNY@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I know this is an ongoing discussion re printers; but does anyone on the list have recommendations as to a computer the XyWrite lover should buy before it disappears?
I should avoid Dells. Most of the jerky cursor and screen problems
reported here seem to have been on them.

My slow, slightly jerky cursor is on an HP Pavilion laptop.
(And I have other horror stories about that brand.) I have tried to collect data on hardware when these questions come up, but have not gotten enough to establish a real pattern. It does seem (but I may be prejudiced) that users of AMD CPUs have fewer problems than Intel users. But not all Intel users have problems by a long shot.
Can it be that Intel is the one big, successful company you're not opposed
to--the exception to Microsoft, Norton, Dell, etc.?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx