Re: Two handy AutoHotKey scripts

Carl,

These routines are ok, but there might be an easier way. From time to
time, I have been speaking in favor of TrayCommandLine. This is what I
use for starting programs and switching to them. It works in a way that
is reminiscent of the Xy command line. You invoke it with a global
Windows hotkey and issue a command. It supports user-specified macros to
start processes. E.g. "w" starts Word, "ep" starts EditPad, "x" exits
Windows, "lo" logs me out, "rw" restarts the system. It can run
anything, like virtual machines with special settings, e.g. I start my
VirtualPC 2007 DOS session with "d" from the command line, I have
dropped a LNK file with refinements onto the TrayCommandLIne window and
defined the shortcut "d" for this, the LNK file points to a CMD file
that does the actual startup:

VirtualPCDOSRUN.CMD
****************************
rem the first line makes the virtual machine start always with same
settings

copy D:\Virtualmachines\DOS_vmc.mdl D:\Virtualmachines\DOS.vmc
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Virtual PC\Virtual PC.exe"
-pc DOS -launch -singlepc

Most of the time you just drop the EXE onto the TrayCommandLine window
and you are done. I could not live without it. Give it a try!

Download from:
http://traycl.chat.ru/

Best regards,

Kari Eveli