Re: Windows vs DOS XyWrite vs the future?

  BTW, I know people who use Procomm under OS/2 with no problem and without
using sio.sys. Also, if you like Procomm, then TE/2 is the natural evolution
for you -- it looks and feels like pretty much the same thing -- keystrokes the
same, etc. Except that it's 32 bit so you get better speed on the downloads and
it can handle long filenames which dos comm programs choke on.
  Can't for the life of me figure out why you think Microsoft is so great --
you perhaps haven't heard of the international "boycott MS" movement, eh? While
most of the computer world (including XyWrite, I might add) has made a real
effort to make things work better together,
Microsoft has purposefully but bugs in DOS and windoz to make other peoples
software have problems that MS software doesn't have -- and thus find
themselves now under investigation for anti-trust and other sleazy unfair
business practices. They are the epitome of the bully in the sandbox, and the
embody the very antithesis of the hacker spirit which is attempting to make the
world a better place thru computer technology -- especially by getting all the
myriads of software and hardware to work seamlessly together and ease the
frustration of the lowly end user. Bill Gates and Microsoft set out
purposefully and with malice to sabotage that whole effort just for the love of
power and filthy lucre. IBM might be at times a bumbling giant, but at least
it's a benevolent one. MS is more the evil-empire of computerdom.

Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx

<> "The Way of the Samurai is death." - Jocho Yamamoto 1710 Hagakure <>
<> "Let no man's life stand in the way -- especially your own."    <>
<>                    Miyamoto Musashi 1584-1645  <>
<> "The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here <>
<> and you are out there."              Yasutani Roshi  <>