Re: Xywrite 4.01 and OS/2 Warp

Marvin Katz said:
 <
 < I am unable to spell-check documents when running Xywrite under OS/2.
 < The program seems unable to find DICT.SPL, even when I put a new line in
 < STARTUP.INT telling it where to look. No problems under DOS, of course.
 <
 < Any suggestions?
 <
 < --Marv Katz
 <

Check that your drive letters aren't remapped--so that everything is pointing
at the wrong drive. If that's OK, shell to dos from xywrite (i.e. to OS/2's
VDM) and type "path" to make sure your using the right autoexec.bat. I found
it easiest to write a xy4.bat that is essentially an autoexec.bat (including my
ultravision commands) and then use DOS Settings for the XyWrite session to let
the autoexec.bat for that session be xy4.bat. I find life much nicer with Xy
under OS/2.

-- Voice: (919) 515-6331               David D. Auerbach
Master-Alias: David_Auerbach@xxxxxxxx       Box 8103 Actual Address:
auerbach@xxxxxxxx       NCSU local address: auerbach
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103