Windows 98

I'm sure this topic has been covered before, and I apologize for bothering the list
with it again.

In trying to set up a new machine running Win 98, I have installed Xy3 (works just
fine) and Xy 4.017 (works less well).

The installation of Xy4 went ok (even tho I did not disable the CD Rom drive,
because in Win 98 I'm not sure how to do it). However if I try to run Xy4 from
Windows, it locks up the machine thoroughly enough that I have to press the restrat
button to boot again (Ctrl-Alt-Del won't do it).

However, if I start Windows, then (through the Shutdown feature) restart in MS-DOS,
go to the C:\XY4 directory, and start by typing Editor, all seems well.

What am I doing wrong?

I run Xy 4.017 on my own Windows 95 machine with no such problems.

Nick Clifford
clifford@xxxxxxxx