Re: Xywrite file is there, but suddenly invisible

Hi Lynn,

If this is a case of Ctrl-Z in front of the text, you can easily fix
this without a hex editor. In my opinion, the best modern text editor
for editing ASCII files like Xy files is EditPad. By opening the file
into EditPad, you can remove the initial Ctrl-Z and load the file into
XyWrite. EditPad Lite (https://www.editpadlite.com/) is free, and the
Pro edition (https://www.editpadpro.com/) can even show Xy formatting in
colors when using XyWrite syntax coloring schemes.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

I copied the file to another drive, but still can't read it. I don't have a hex editor program, but I see several available online for download. Do you have any recommendations? Lynn