Re: Keyboard (also, goof-proofing)

Neat, Carl. I haven't read your code thoroughly, but it seems to do the trick.
One could also reassign the Del and Backspace keys to run a routine that
captures every deleted character into a S/G until a different key is hit and
then writes it to the file. But that might have some unexpected consequences
in other routines that use those keystrokes.

It'd be really nice also to have an undo/redo routine as in MS Word -- even
one-level would be nice. I often find myself flopping between two layouts or
type sizes, trying to decide which I like the best. Undo/redo would be great.

I once had a routine (I think it was in III+) that saved the entire file just
before a ChangeInvisible and a single keystroke to revert to the original file
if things went awry. I don't remember the code, but it was pretty simple.

Finally, there's a great Win95 freebie that does for DOS what the Recycle Bin
does for Windows. Every deleted file goes to the Recycle Bin -- including all
the BAK files created when you save a XyDOS file. Fantastic insurance. The
program is called BigBin and you can probably find it with any search engine
on the Net.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx