Re: Puzzling lack of F8

In XY4, F8 is line-page view, no? Adding shift, ctrl, etc., produces
other views. Ctrl+F8 produces expanded view. I can't recall anything in
the documentation indicating that F8 is supposed to do anything else.

Judith Davidsen

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Here's a puzzler: in Xy and only in Xy, F8 puts out nothing (it should put out the MoVe function). It's not the keyboard: I have tried other kbds, and F8 works as normal in non-Xy programs.
I, of course, ran IDKEY.PM, and F8 isn't recognized at all, but all the
other Function keys are.
Here's the real surprise: in Xy, Ctrl-F8 works normally! IDKEY
recognizes it, and it performs the MV function. Same for some but not
all the other modified states of F8. Ctrl, Alt, and Shift are all
recognized by IDKEY.PM. Table = Caps and Table = Meta (the numpad Enter
key as a modifer) aren't recognized (hitting them doesn't produce any
response).

I've tried changing the context of 66, but no dice. Won't even put out "x".
Oh-oh, I just found that Meta-F5 isn't recongized either (but all the other states of F5 are!)
This all began when I went to XP. Just for kicks, here's my definitions
stanza:
;    DEFINITIONS
keys=104
CTRLX=29,99