Re: RE Thesaurus won't work

** Reply to message from Paul Breeze  on Sun, 4 Dec
2005 13:55:10 GMT

> I have found that if I use the number lock, then the standalone cursor keys
> work again as normal. Further, once I have done this, they continue to work in
> the Thesaurus whether the numberlock is on or off.

You just need to synchronize it. You can probably turn the NumLock off by
default in your BIOS. If not, put the following in your STARTUP.INT *after*
the call to LOAD U2 -- put it down near the bottom:

JM 2.numlockQ2 ;*;
JM 2.numlockQ2 ;*; Probably need to issue this command twice!

and you should be all set. You may need only one or (more likely) two
instances of this command - experiment to see which serves best. For this
solution to work, you need a new copy of GoXy.EXE in your %COMSPEC% directory.
Grab it from U2UTILS.EXE at XyWWWeb... After you download and extract all the
Utilities in Editor's directory, **run U2UTLNT.BAT** (if using NT, otherwise
U2UTL9x.BAT) -- you need a very recent copy of U2UTILS.EXE (last couple days),
so DL a fresh copy (http:\users.datarealm.com\xywwweb\XYWEBTXT.HTM#ExtF). This will
locate all the utils where they need to be.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx