Re: Getting past login

** Reply to message from Carl Distefano  on Tue,
28 Aug 2007 00:30:48 -0400

> Logging in is a pain

And unnecessary in Xy4. You don't have to LOGIN -- just don't
put a LOGIN|LOGON command in STARTUP.INT! (I believe the late
network versions of Xy3+ (like v3.58) did compel user to LOGIN.
So Matt Gumm must be using Xy3 ?)

You're quite right about STARTUP RUNning the LOGfile as an XPL
program. I have a func BC in my LOGfile -- it's been sitting
there for fifteen years, created (IIRC) as part of the original
auto-install routine! I'm gonna change that to func NO -- No-Op
-- which is benign. LOGIN was always a pain in the neck, and it
was only years later that I learned you could just remove it.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx