Testing $X

Carl,

The new frame hangs on executing any native command, as in the case below.

1. I launch a fresh Xy with your frame in the U2.
2. I do a DIR<$Xkey>.
It then won't respond to ordinary keystrokes. The hang can be released by a key that has only Q2 assigned to it. Could it be due to the call to , which is null, when there's no error after executing the XC?
Also, under certain conditions (yet to be determined, but perhaps related
to the above), the default EB does not get restored.
I also sometimes get into a related difficulty, which may be when the EB
default is not re-set: Sometimes LH (with either $Xkey or helpkey) won't
work: I get a very shallow, but full-width, window with some XPL showing in
it. I think this is an error message being sent me, but I don't know.

Looking at the code, I wonder about this part:

>Q2 ">;*;
Doesn't that mean that 02 will contain the re-sets only when the conditions of the first line are met, but there's a anyway when the native command successfully executes.

Confusedly,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx