XyW 4.01 with Warp

I'm unable to switch in and out of Xywrite under Warp. I can do
a  to get from XyW to the desktop, but when I do a
 to go back, my hard drive grinds for a few seconds
and everything stops.  The only solution I've had is to go back
to the desktop with those two keys again, delete XyW from the
program window or whatever you call the thing that comes up with
a list of active programs....and then start over.

If anyone can tell me what I need to reset or adjust, I'd be
grateful.  There is no problem with Qmodem, the only other
program I've tried switching out of and back to.

Marv Katz