Re: PDF2XY: need help.

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Sat, 08
Jul 2006 20:47:02 -0400

> It took me a good bit of testing, but I think I've
> found the problem. You have to do a DIR of the drive
> and directory where the pdf file you want to convert is...

No. Here's how arguments are issued:

Xy2PDF: Operates on a text source file in the current window. A PostScript
PRN *must* be loaded! Command:
 Xy2PDF PDF_target_filename_without_EXTension
Example: File NOTEBOOK.TXT is in the current window;
 Command "Xy2PDF MYNOTES";
 Result: MYNOTES.PDF is written in Editor's directory

PDF2Xy: Operates on (in order of priority)
 1) PDF file specified on command line
 2a) PDF File under cursor in XyWrite DIRectory listing
  OR
 2b) PDF Filename DeFined in a text file
Command:
 PDF2Xy [[d:\path\]FILENAME.PDF]
Result: VIEWPDF.TMP is written in Editor's directory.
REName VIEWPDF.TMP if you want to keep the result, because
VIEWPDF.TMP will be overwritten the next time you run PDF2Xy.
Examples:
 PDF2Xy c:\pdfs\MYNOTES.PDF <== 1) above
 PDF2Xy <== 2a/b) above

Robert Holmgren