Re: Stack; Abnormal termination of MeNu frames; the Escape key

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:34:28
+0100

> If I RUN my RST file, the session is restored without any problem.
> Keep in mind that I am using Ansified XyWrite. Maybe some of the
> Ansified configuration changes have a collateral effect after installing
> STACK.

Mmmm, from your description, I reach a different conclusion: It sounds like
the Log or Save part of the routine is working properly -- it creates valid RST
files. And it sounds like the actual Restore routine, created by the Save,
works properly as well: the RST file does what it is supposed to do -- right?
Therefore, the part that doesn't work must be somewhere in the _launch_ of the
restoration. And yet, what sort of RST file would open three windows, but not
put files into them? That simply makes no sense to me. You can see the code
in RST, e.g.:

...BX (FUNC #1)BX D DT=0Q2 BX CALL F:\LYNX\LYNX.CFGQ2 ...
 i.e.:
...GoTo Window #1. Set DisplayType=0. CALL filename...

But your RST is Going to Window #1, then doing nothing. So look in your RST
file! There's a reason why this isn't working, why you're getting no file in
the window. If you can't figure it out, then send me a malfunctioning RST file
-- one that _doesn't work_.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx