Linux Expo

Harry asked about using DOS emu. Sorry, I've not really done anything
with Linux yet beyond managing to get it set up (using SuSe's Yast). But
I know some others on the list have been running XyW on Linux, so I hope
one of them can help you; and I will be interested to hear about it. I'm
wondering if one even needs DOS emu, given that XyW is written in
Assembler? Someone here said that it doesn't know or care what opsys it's
running on.
By the by, I forgot, when I gave my report on the Expo, to mention that
Bitstream had a booth and has released something called btX2, described
as "a FreeType driver that provides access to Bitstream's FontFusion font
technology. ...[It] supports Unicode encoding and can render
international fonts." Bitstream has also reached an agreement with the
Gnome Foundation to release some of its fonts under an open-source
license; an initial offering of 10 fonts, collectively called the Vera
fonts, is planned.
Now, how shall I prove this is indeed I? Oh, I know. In the annals of
classroom howlers, one of my favorites is a student's rendering of Felix
sum as "I am a cat."
Patricia