Re: Paste into XyDOS from clipboard?

Carl Distefano wrote:

> The Jumbo U2 supports bi-directional cutting and pasting between a full-
> screen Xy4 DOS session and the Windows clipboard. It works very well.
> You have to install our new cross-platform XyShell (technically still
> beta, but in fact very close to gold code) which, in turn, requires that
> you purchase and install IBM Rexx for Windows (cost: US$49). There's a
> one-time setup. When you're done, you get not only clipboard access,
> but a whole slew of capabilities that, until now, were only available to
> users running Xy under OS/2.

As noted in a message I left here a couple months ago, I closely followed
the step by step instructions (circa XyWWWeb v. 104) for enabling this
feature in OS/2, and never could get it to work.

> Be warned, however, that Robert's current availability
> for user support is non-existent -- absolute zero. He won't resurface
> here until sometime in the Fall. My availability is limited, as I'm
> leaving for the mountains in a few days.

If I have to wait until the Fall to get a solution for this, so be it.

> All of this, in fact, is "in development". Experimental and possibly
> buggy. Gotta accept that. But the part of it which works purely within
> XyWrite is pretty clean. The OS/2 code, after evolving for 4+ years, is
> solid as a rock.

But it does nada over here. Unless you've made some key changes since the
v. 104 Jumbo.

> Highly recommended upgrade for OS/2 users: see
> READMEV2.OS2 in NEWSHELL.ZIP for upgrade instructions.
> -----

I'll check into this, in case there is some additional necessary component.

Jordan