Re: off list virus question

Reply to note from Ed Cray  Sat, 21 Jul 2001
23:13:13 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't think it extreme at all if one can avoid a trashed
> computer.

You can also avoid a trashed computer by never turning it on. The
trolls who write viruses would love that.

I suppose we each have to balance the risks against the rewards and
determine our own comfort level. Obviously, Windows users have to
be especially careful. I have a very high comfort level in my
fenetrephobic, archaic, backward-looking OS/2 system because e-mail
attachments are never even decoded; they come in as plain text and
stay that way until I delete them or, on a case-by-case basis,
decide whether to decode and open them. It works for me.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx