Re: Upper ASCII characters in XyWrite under vDosXy

Reply to note from "Martin J. Osborne"
Sun, 26 Apr 2015 11:23:21 +0300

> Does this suggest a solution?

Um, I'm afraid not. The fact that some 1-byte characters display in
the form [nnn], and sometimes multiple [nnn]'s(!), is fairly mind-
boggling. Also, I can't identify any code page that puts, for
example, the infinity symbol into slot 141. Very puzzling.

Try this: open a command prompt window in Windows. First, command
CHCP (no argument). What code page is reported? Next, command
CHCP 437, then TYPE ASCUPPER.TXT. Any difference from XyWrite in the
display of characters? (Note that you can click on the scroll bar to
scroll up and down through the output of the TYPE command.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx