Re: Questions About XyWin

I'm afraid I predate the most raucous period, the Paris spring, Mark Rudd, and
all that. But I lived in those dim-lit claustrophobic aisles of Butler. It
was eerie sometimes; whole floors were dark. Yeah, I went to Columbia (when
the spirit moved me; mostly I went to the Thalia theater to watch old movies,
and up to Cambridge Mass, where my girlfriend went to school -- I rented a flat
up there, spent alternate weeks auditing her classes, then she'd come down and
audit mine). Anyway, I still support the Libraries. You can, for the asking,
get an alumnus Library pass, and revisit the stacks. I do a lot of research
there -- getting into stacks is such an insightful privilege, and so fertile in
unexpected ways (despite the extraordinary facilities of NY Public's Main
Reading Room, there's something missing).