Re: OT: NB as Xy

The genetic makeup of the British isles is amazingly homogenous, and most of it predates the Celts,
When the ancestors of the present-day Irish came to Ireland, they
found a people in possession who are called in their literature
(when it got written down, some centuries later), the Firbolgs,
which, last I heard, means "Bag-men." And then there were the
Picts, whose Celtic credentials are, I believe, somewhat
disputed. But in Ireland a common phrase for a common phenotype
is "a small, dark man."
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx