"RexXPL"

Users of Robert Holmgren's XyWrite-OS/2 Shell are invited to test-drive an
add-on that expands Shell's built-in links to OS/2's REXX scripting
language.

This experimental "RexXPL" facility is not for programmers only. The
documentation includes a set of reasonably amusing demo routines that
anyone can try out. For end-users, the package opens a two-way link from
XyWrite to the REXX interpreter. You can type a REXX expression on the Xy
command line and view the evaluated result on the status line, or insert it
in text.

For programmers, there's a new interface that permits full-fledged REXX
procedures to be embedded in XPL routines for runtime execution via Shell.
Programming Save/Gets have corresponding REXX variables under a standard
naming scheme. Variable contents are exchanged transparently between the
two environments. XPL code that operates on REXX expressions is made more
accessible and comprehensible. And, best of all, the XPL toolbox expands
to receive the full panoply of REXX keyword instructions, built-in
functions and external function libraries, including the powerful RexxUtil
functions. (Even non-OS/2 XPLers might be tempted to take a peek at the
..DOC file and demo code.)

REXXPL10.ZIP can be obtained from The Technology Group BBS (410-576-8806).
Go to the XyWrite Message Forum, and download the attachment to Message
No. 116. I will also make it available for downloading here via FTP as
soon as possible.

   [Nathan: Easiest for me would be to E-mail you a UX-encoded
   [file. Otherwise, I'll S-mail a diskette.]

REXXPL10.ZIP requires the 4/13/96 version of the Xy-OS/2 Shell; earlier
versions won't work. In keeping with Robert's wishes previously stated,
please confine all Shell and RexXPL files to the membership of this list;
do not post them elsewhere. Enjoy!

Carl Distefano
70154.3452@xxxxxxxx