Re: New monitor/bad resolution

--Whether desktop or laptop, can anyone suggest specific brands/models that work swimmingly with XyIII+ 3.56 and are in that seductive $500 range?
Thinking more about this, you could find the better and the worse in terms of visual appearance. But probably not much, unless you want to run in full-screen mode (nothing but XyWrite showing, and no taskbar or title bar). I'd advise against running full-screen: it's ugly and it pointlessly deprives you of other programs you might want to use in alternation with XyWrite. Your current graphics problems arise from a mis-matched combination of graphics adapter and monitor. With a store-bought new machine, you can make sure the resolutions match. And since you already have the monitor, just make sure that whatever machine you buy offers the 1440 (or is it 1400) x 900 resolution that monitor wants. Also, if you're "into" good esthetics onscreen, you should try Tame. See my screenshot of how Tame-Xy appears: http://www.hblist.com/p/Xy-Tame.jpg Be sure to click the plus-sign cursor to zoom in, so that you see it correctly. Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx