Re: XYWRITE digest 2810

William E. Shawcross wrote:
I have Xy4 (original distribution, and Signature as well) but never cared for it -- the WYSIWYG implementation sucks in my humble opion,
Well, but one needn't use WYSIWYG; I never do and neither do a lot of
other people. Because it's so long since I used III, I cannot recall
which of the really useful features in 4 were new to it, but I know
there were lots. Improvements in Change and Replace, IIRC, real
italics (instead of the kludgy use of MDBR), certainly more powerful XPL.
The machine is one I assembled myself. The motherboard is an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 with an AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 dual core 2.66 GHz processor and 2 GB RAM. I just bought it from TigerDirect.com, so it is whatever version of the BIOS that is currently shipping. The graphic aadapter is a BFG GeForce 7950 GT with 512 MB memory. I'm running Vista Home Premium (OEM). Actually, at the moment I'm not running anything on that machine -- after a week the power supply appears to have given up the ghost.
OUch! On the power supply, I mean. The rest sounds very good. I like
Asus Mobos: two at the office and their bargain-basement division
ASRock one here. The ones we have are notable for keeping all the old
connectors: 2 PS/2 ports, parallel, even serial.
After only a week, the PS should be under warranty still. Hope it
didn't fry anything when it went.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx