Re: Save (backup)

Hi,
I've been using firewire to connect external hard drives. I currently had a WD 120 Gb and a maxtor 120 Gb. So far i've not had any problems with them.
Let me recommend Wiebetech. While they make and sell firewire drives,
enclosures, etc. What i've been using and has been quite handy, is
their Drive Dock. This is a small blue box that connects to the back of
an internal hard drive making it immediately accessible as a firewire
device. My plan was to use this mechanism to, purchase an internal hard
drive as needed, connect to the Drive Dock, connect to my computer,
backup my system, disconnect the drive and store the back up.
This works for me. The internal hard drives are usually cheaper than
buying the drive already in an enclosure, and you can choose which
drive type and size you want.
Also, Wiebetech has been GREAT as far as support and coming our with
products. (Firewire 800, etc.) I cannot say enough good things about
them.

Hope this helps!

Russ