Re: Fonts for NB

Bill Troop wrote:

> Bill TeB, is it possible you're talking about logical records and Patricia is talking about actual
> records? If that were so, there needn't be a dichotomy between the two viewpoints.

No, I'm talking about actual records. I should add, though, that all my bibliographical records,
nearly 5,000, are in a series of files, 5 at the moment. Ibidem starts a new file once a file gets
to be about a meg. in size. The files are plain text and consist of records divided from each
others by a page break, with each field in a record beginning with a two-character code and a
colon (i.e., AU: for author) and terminated by a special character and a carriage return. If one
is careful not to disturb the beginning and ending sequences, the files can be directly edited.
Below I have pasted the first two records from my primary database -- I have substituted an
asterix for the special character at the end of a field.

R#:1*
T#:Book (in a series)*
AU:Adas, Michael*
YR:1989*
BT:Machines as the measure of men: science, technology, and ideologies of western
dominance*
PL:Ithaca*
PR:Cornell University Press*
LG:430 pp*
≪PG≫
R#:2*
T#:Book (in a series)*
AU:Cock, J. K. de*
YR:1965*
BT:Bijdrage tot de historische geografie van Kennemerland in de middeleeuwen op fysisch-
geografische grondslag *
XT:Bijdrage*
PL:Groningen*
PR:J. B. Wolters*
LG:xii, 288 pp*
KW:netherlands; medieval1; medieval2; medieval3; geography; historical geography; holland;
kennemerland; physical geography; reclamation; hydraulics; own*
AN:The author's dissertation, UvA. I own original (lacking some pages) as well as the reprint
by Gysbers & van Loon of 1985.*
≪PG≫

Best,

Bill TeBrake
---
William H. TeBrake
Department of History        E-Mail: tebrake@xxxxxxxx
University of Maine      Telephone: (Int+1) 207-581-1914
Orono, Maine 04469-5774 USA    Fax: (Int+1) 207-581-1817