Re: XyWrite Development

Annie Fisher remarked, among other things, about a problem that
occurs when a macro attempts to insert a "+", and Xy4 doesn't
like it. She said "Since no XP/TP pair is present this should
cause a split-second "Invalid formatting command" error; if it
happens it's too fast to see even on an XT. This works for me,
and I suspect that it's what xyDos 4 rebelled against."

In Xy4 we put an error trap that doesn't like "+"s without ";"s.
That's fine for normal editing, but obviously not fine for macro
processing, since you never get the chancce to complete the
command. We are addressing that in 4.017, soon to be released
and which also fixes a number of the things that have been
pointed out since the release of 4.016.

On the subject of lower case mode commands, perhaps what was
perceived to be a problem because they were seemingly
sporadically found on searches is more a function of a change we
made in the way searches work for commands. If you were not in
expanded mode, previously (XyIII) you could have done a CI for MD
 and changed your mode commands. We felt that it was a bad idea
to have a user who wanted to change MD to Medical Doctor end up
with a hosed file, so we changed the search and replace function
so (in other than expanded mode) it will only find commands if
the search string is preceeded by a "+". Perhaps this is why
your searches did not find the mode commands you were looking
for.
 Case would have nothing to do with it, but you might have
thought that it did.

K.